Iowa State University’s Extension & Outreach Community & Economic Development Program will kick off its Local Government Education Webinar Series on November 5 with the first webinar on trends in local government revenues and spending in Iowa.
Webinar 1: Trends in local government revenues and spending in Iowa
The goal of the webinar is to use the Annual Fiscal Condition Reports customized for individual cities and counties in Iowa to examine trends in financial indicators. Impacts the pandemic has had on local government budgets. The webinar will also focus on major legislative changes at the state level and ways in which it has impacted both, revenue and spending. Finally, the webinar is an opportunity to interact with peers and share experiences to allow for peer learning.
Presenters: Biswa Das and Erin Mullenix
What you will learn:
- How to use the annual city and county fiscal conditions reports published by ISUEO annually.
- Impact of major legislative changes on local government finances – review of the major legislative changes during 2010-2021
- Comparison with ‘peers’ – using online interactive tools – interact with peers in breakout sessions to learn about peer experiences
November 05- 12-2 p.m.
Each participant will receive:
- Latest customized IGFI annual fiscal conditions report for their city or county
- Background material on the major legislative changes during 2010-2021
- Peer-analysis summary for 6 peer groups – for cities and counties
Who should attend:
- Elected Officials – Iowa cities and counties
- Appointed officials (city and county finance, planning, economic development)
- Community and Economic Development professionals
- Council of Governments in Iowa, County affiliates in Iowa Locations
- Chambers of Commerce, Other stakeholder groups