SF 356 | Impact Analysis Data
Raw Data Source: Iowa DOM, pulled 3/2023
We’re sorry, we took the dataset down for updates on 3/21/2023.
We expect it to return later this week.
- To view the impact on a single city, begin typing the city name in the City field.
- Use the clear filters link to reset the table.
- Valuation uses budget line 2a, non-TIF value without ag land or ag buildings.
(Note that some of the values in the row for 2017 are blank because it is the first year for which DOM data was available.)
- If a city’s CGFL is under $8.10 AND they are below the growth trigger, they may elect a max CGFL from $8.10 and lower for the next budget year. While many cities would not elect a significant increase in the levy that may be possible in those cases, this model uses the $8.10 maximum reflective of the SF356 maximum.
- CGFL = combined general fund levy, and refers to the group of levies specified in the bill that would be combined together and then deleted as separate levies.
Tooltips and Explanations
|Year||Budget Year 2017-2023|
|Valuation, Budget Line 2a||Shows the city’s valuation by year|
(For the purposes of the bill, this is line 2a from your budget cert page, showing non-TIF taxable valuation less ag land and ag buildings.)
|Valuation % Change from Prior Year||Shows the % change from the prior year’s valuation. In SF 356, this is what determines whether a city has “triggered” a set valuation growth level which means they must lower their CGFL levy.|
|Actual CGFL||Shows what the city’s actual CGFL was in the years 2017-2023|
|Actual CGFL-generated Prop Taxes||Shows the amount of property taxes that were actually generated (with utility replacement) from the CGFL levies for each year.|
|SF 356 CGFL||Shows what the CGFL levy would have been IF SF 356 were put into place beginning with 2017.|
|SF 356 CGFL-generated Prop Taxes||Shows the amount of property taxes that would have been generated from the CGFL levies for each year IF SF 356 had but put into place beginning with 2017.|
|Difference in $ Generated from Actuals to SF 356||Shows the difference in property tax dollars that would have been generated from actuals to SF 356.|
|% Change in Actual CGFL Revenues from Prior Year||Shows the percentage change in revenue year-to-year based on actual CGFL levies derived from the city’s budget. It is not cumulative.|
|% Change in CGFL Revenues based on SF 356 from Prior Year||Shows the percentage change in revenue year-to-year based on SF 356 CGFL levies only. It is not cumulative.|