Every day thousands of city officials across Iowa refer to the League’s
City Directory, a comprehensive listing of city officials from
every city in the state.
About Directory Advertising
The League’s biennial printed Directory includes a service directory listing of participating businesses and organizations by category. As a Directory advertiser, your organization will receive a complimentary copy of this durable, wire-bound, 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″ reference book, which mails out in early spring of even numbered years.
Community Alliance Program participants will automatically receive a copy of the Directory and a free listing. Community Alliance Program participants who advertise in the Directory will receive a second complimentary copy and can purchase additional copies. Non-Community Alliance Program participants can purchase a Directory for $130 each. Online Service Directory is an exclusive benefit of the Community Alliance Programs.
2024-2025 Directory Pricing
- Back Outside Cover, full color – 5 1/2″ wide x 8 1/2″ high – $1,050
- Front Inside Cover, full color – 5 1/2″ wide x 8 1/2″ high – $900
- Back Inside Cover, full color – 5 1/2″ wide x 8 1/2″ high – $900
- Full Page, grayscale – 4 1/2″ wide x 7 1/2″ high – $800
- 1/2 Page, grayscale – 4 1/2″ wide x 3 1/2″ high – $530
- 1/3 page, grayscale – 4 1/2″ wide x 2″ high – $410
- Logo Next to Company Listing, grayscale – $95
- Cross Reference Listing – $65
- Service Directory Listing (free to Community Alliance Programs) – $205
- Additional Copies: $80 (Community Alliance Programs), $130 (non-Community Alliance Programs
What you should expect in your advertisement. Your address should be 400 characters and is listed alphabetically by service listing. There will be a $95 additional charge for logo placement, logo placement is free to all Partners.
- Names and titles of key city officials – both elected and appointed
- Includes all cities in Iowa – Including street, postal, website address, phone, fax, council meeting schedule, form of government and office hours for city hall
- State agencies
- Resource organizations
- Local government partners
- Explanation of each form of city government in Iowa and service directory.
Sample Category Listing
123 W Address
City, State, 123456
Phone: (555) 555-5555
Established in 1989, Company Name has experience in the creation of digital maps, map databases and entreprise geographic information system projects for public agencies, business and individuals throughout Iowa and the Midwest. Our information system will provide the information you need for updating, tracking and utility work.
The Iowa League of Cities has focused on the topic of local option sales and service tax (LOSST), the mechanics of how it works and the importance to the communities.